Several of Ontario’s finest chefs are preparing for the 26th Annual Cuvée Grand Tasting Gala – the best VQA party of the year!
In addition to celebrating excellent Ontario wine, the Cuvée Gala, taking place on Friday, February 28th at the Fallsview Casino Resort, will feature culinary masterpieces at live cooking stations for wine and food enthusiasts to enjoy.
The stellar list of talented chefs and establishments participating in 2014 includes:
- Chef Ray Taylor, Fallsview Casino Resort
- Chef Erik Peacock, Wellington Court Restaurant
- Chef Frank Dodd, Trius Winery Restaurant at Hillebrand
- Chef Tim Mackiddie, Inniskillin Niagara Estate
- Chef David Watt and Anthony Greco, Garrison House and Zest Restaurant
- Chef Rich Francis, District Red and contestant on Top Chef Canada
- Chef Giovanni Del Priore and Chef Leonardo Priore, Criveller Cakes
- Chef Professors, Benchmark Chefs, Culinary Students and Members of the Canadian Junior Culinary Olympic Team, Canadian Food & Wine Institute at Niagara College
- Dairy Farmers of Canada
- Italian Ice Cream
The chefs will present their creations alongside the variety of more than 50 VQA wines that have been specially selected for the Grand Tasting Gala by Ontario winemakers representing wineries from Niagara, Prince Edward County and Lake Erie North Shore. From sweet grass and cider braised boar shoulder with Niagara bruschetta squash chips to southern fried Canadian “cold water” shrimp, the evening’s culinary options offer something sure to please all palettes. Guests will also enjoy a selection of artisan cheeses from The Dairy Farmers of Canada and an assortment of gelato from Italian Ice Cream.
The Grand Tasting Gala is only one part of the weekend’s festivities, which also include the Cuvée en Route passport touring and tasting program. Cuvée Weekend tickets are available at www.cuvee.ca or by calling 905-684-8688. Ticket and event information, details about Cuvée en Route, overnight accommodation packages, and event announcements can all be found on the Cuvée web site, www.cuvee.ca
Hope to see you there!